DES MOINES, IA (Feb. 17, 2021) – The Great Outdoors Foundation is pleased to announce that five new members have joined its board of directors. Established in 1996, the Great Outdoors Foundation is a leader in high-impact projects, providing expert fundraising and project facilitation services that accelerate investments in outdoor recreation and local environments.
The following individuals have joined the organization as members of the board of directors:
- Ben Arato | Associate Attorney, Wandro & Associates, P.C.
- Emily Kessinger | National Business Director, Weitz Company
- Tom Mahoney | Board Chairman, ITA Group Holdings, Inc.
- Gene Meyer | Retired
- Julian Seay | Head Varsity Basketball Coach, North High School
Along with the following existing members, they will provide strategy and leadership for the organization over the coming year:
- Pat Boddy | Water Resource Engineer
- Chris Costa | President and CEO, Knapp Properties, LLC
- Tara Deering-Hansen | Vice President, Marketing & Communications, Iowa Bankers Association
- Joey Taylor-Moon | Vice President of Marketing, Hubbell Realty Company
- Kurt Mumm | President and Owner, Cushman and Wakefield Iowa Commercial Advisors
- Tom Newton | Vice President of Network Engagement, Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Cory W. Sharp, AIA | Associate Principal, FEH Design
- Rachel Woodhouse | Program Officer, Community Relations & Principal Foundation
Through creative problem solving and relationship development, the Great Outdoors raised more than $700,000 for 2021 Polk County Conservation initiatives alone. The organization is also at the helm of several other major fundraising campaigns, including that for ICON Water Trails and the Raccoon River Pedestrian Bridge.
“We are fortunate to have a number of gifted, capable and passionate individuals who are willing to give of their time and talents,” Hannah Inman, CEO of the Great Outdoors Foundation, said. “What’s so powerful about our board is its cross-sectional influence. With representatives from healthcare, education and the private business sector, I’m more confident than ever in our ability to activate support in our community and advance quality of life projects across our region.”
About Great Outdoors Foundation
The Great Outdoors Foundation is a non-profit that provides funding for outdoor recreation and conservation projects in Central Iowa. We are a regional conservation leader and catalyst for high-impact environmental projects. We convene partners with a shared vision, drive collaboration and raise awareness and funds. Driven by our clear purpose, we challenge ourselves to seek and take on partner projects offering exceptional and long-term impact requiring a regional approach and creative funding.