WORK WITH US
WHO WE ARE
The Great Outdoors Foundation is Central Iowa’s pathway to sustainable, healthy environments. We are a regional conservation leader and a catalyst for high impact environmental projects. We convene partners with a shared vision, drive collaboration, and raise awareness and funds. Our priority initiatives expand and restore natural spaces, foster outdoor recreation, promote conservation and build passion for nature.
WHAT WE DO
We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to nature by collaborating with other organizations who share a common vision of healthy environments that provide a variety of outdoor recreation and education opportunities. Driven by our clear purpose, we challenge ourselves to seek and take on partner projects offering exceptional and long-term impact requiring a regional approach and creative funding.
Salary Range: $37,500 – $45,000
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jen Cross; email@example.com
Act as primary Great Outdoors Foundation and ICON Water Trails administrative, data, communications liaison for Development. Provide scheduling and executive administrative support to Great Outdoors Foundation (GOF) Vice President of Donor Relations. Support all GOF, ICON and special/partner fundraising initiatives as needed. Provide comprehensive fundraising support, accounting and data management. Reports to the VP of Donor Relations.
- Administrative and communications liaison to GOF staff, volunteers, consultants and vendors on issues related to Fundraising and Development.
- Proactively manages VP of Donor Relation’s calendar, prioritizing meetings and events to maximize effectiveness
- Assists in the development of fundraising goals & supports VP of Donor Relations on these initiatives
- Assists in identifying new donors & stewarding of current donors
- Work alongside Marketing Coordinator to help fundraise for events and marketing initiatives, including developing & tracking sponsorship opportunities
- Responsible for tracking all donor pledges and gifts for GOF, CIWT and special/partner projects, including creating process documents for future usage
- Create and prepare pledge, financial and other reports upon request
- Maintains and organizes contact lists in database (Bloomerang) for various mailings, emails and other communications
- Utilizes Bloomerang system for weekly fundraising tasks list for CEO and VP of Donor Relations as needed and tracking follow up notes & tasks
- Creates and upkeeps process documents, data management of Bloomerang and research into new data management tools for future success of GOF
- Manages Outlook invitations and agendas for Fundraising committee meetings
- Coordinates and prepares materials and event space in advance for Fundraising committee meetings
- Write letters, thank you notes and emails on behalf of staff as needed, specifically for donors
- Performs other duties as assigned by VP of Donor Relations
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred with 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising, non-profit and administrative work. Professional written and interpersonal communication skills are required. Knowledge of office management systems and procedures. Expertise in in MS Office and database management required. Strong organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
Working and Behavioral Conditions:
The physical and mental demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential job results. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job results. Must be comfortable working in office setting 3-4 days, a week with flexibility to work from home.