WORK WITH US
WHO WE ARE
The Great Outdoors Foundation is Central Iowa’s pathway to sustainable, healthy environments. We are a regional conservation leader and a catalyst for high impact environmental projects. We convene partners with a shared vision, drive collaboration, and raise awareness and funds. Our priority initiatives expand and restore natural spaces, foster outdoor recreation, promote conservation and build passion for nature.
WHAT WE DO
We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to nature by collaborating with other organizations who share a common vision of healthy environments that provide a variety of outdoor recreation and education opportunities. Driven by our clear purpose, we challenge ourselves to seek and take on partner projects offering exceptional and long-term impact requiring a regional approach and creative funding.
Salary Range: $37,500 – 47,500
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Kathy Giles; firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is a shared position between the Great Outdoors Foundation (GOF) and Des Moines Water Works Park Foundation (DMWWPF), both housed in the same office space. The Administrative Coordinator will act as primary GOF and DMWWPF administrative, communications liaison and office manager, which includes Central Iowa Water Trails (CIWT). Duties include provide scheduling executive support to Great Outdoors Foundation (GOF) Chief Executive Officer and support to DMWWPF Executive Director and Board directed initiatives.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Simultaneously manage several tasks, prioritize and solve problems pro-actively and on short notice.
- Excellent human relations skills and good understanding of group and political dynamics
- Strong overall organization and effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong expertise in data, project and time management, including word processing, spreadsheet and utilization of software applications and equipment
- Data management experience, experience in Bloomerang or similar nonprofit database system preferred
- Experience in Board Effect software preferred
- Strong meeting planning and scheduling abilities, including note & minute taking as needed
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to be flexible
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative and effective relationships
- Ability to effectively and consistently manage projects and meet deadlines
- Creative problem solving
Job Functions under Great Outdoors Foundation
- Proactively manages Chief Executive Officer’s calendar, prioritizing meetings and events to maximize effectiveness
- Facilitates calendar management CIWT Project Manager
- Carrying out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, preparing meeting documents and checking mail.
- Can include but not limited to; taking minutes in meetings, preparing meeting & presentation materials, compiling agendas, etc.
- Performs fundamental bookkeeping tasks including coding of bank statements, credit cards and invoices, working alongside the GOF Development and Operations Coordinator and the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines for accounting purposes.
- Maintains and organizes contact list in database (Bloomerang) for various mailings, emails and other communications
- Coordinates with Development and Operations Coordinator on data entry and receipts for Easter Lake Bridge and Jester Park Nature Center Plaques purchases received by mail.
- Creates and upkeeps process documents, data management of Bloomerang and research into new data management tools for future success of GOF
- Checks mail, scans as needed and drop off materials at Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines
- Manages Outlook invitations and agendas for committee meetings
- Takes minutes for CIWT board meetings, GOF board meetings, and other meetings as assigned
- Oversees and manages Oasis payroll – timesheets, enter PTO, holidays, track projects, and employee onboarding
- Purchases office supplies, oversee maintenance and coordination of office equipment
- Checks email@example.com email and main phone voicemail
- Other duties as assigned
Job Functions under Des Moines Water Works Parks Foundation
- Updates donor records as needed
- Support Executive Director in correspondence for partners, stakeholders, donors, board and volunteers, and other user groups
- Supports Executive Director in the following tasks
- Manages the coordination of Social Media & Marketing Intern
- Grant proposals and coordination
- Committee and coordination of: governance, implementation, marketing, finance, user groups and development
- Task force communication and coordination including; cultural series, programming and memorial tree sculpture
- Online Newsletter
- Cultural Series Advisory Group
- Retail giving promotion and tracking/fulfillment
- Coordinating DMWWPF events
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3-4 years’ experience in administrative or assistant work. Knowledge of office management systems and procedures. Proficient in MS Office and database management. Strong organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
Working and Behavioral Conditions:
The physical and mental demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential job results. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job results. Must be comfortable working in office setting 4-5 days a week.