WHO WE ARE
The Great Outdoors Foundation is Central Iowa’s pathway to sustainable, healthy environments. We are a regional conservation leader and a catalyst for high impact environmental projects. We convene partners with a shared vision, drive collaboration, and raise awareness and funds. Our priority initiatives expand and restore natural spaces, foster outdoor recreation, promote conservation and build passion for nature.
WHAT WE DO
We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to nature by collaborating with other organizations who share a common vision of healthy environments that provide a variety of outdoor recreation and education opportunities. Driven by our clear purpose, we challenge ourselves to seek and take on partner projects offering exceptional and long-term impact requiring a regional approach and creative funding.
Office Operations Manager
Salary Range: $50,000 – 55,000
- Hybrid work environment
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jen Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org
Act as primary Great Outdoors Foundation and ICON Water Trails administrative, operations and communication liaison. This position oversees both organizations’ human resources and administrative/office management functions. Provides data and financial management support.
- Oversees administrative and office management functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations
- Includes answering phone calls, responding to emails, checking mail, scanning checks compiling agendas, etc.
- Oversees vendor relationships and management of office contracts and agreements
- Manages annual audit & 990 process and coordinates with external auditors
- Leads payment and billing operations including managing invoices and expenses and providing appropriate reporting
- Working with staff to appropriately code bank statements, credit cards, invoices, etc.
- Responsible for coding all employee credit card statements monthly & working with Director of Finance to submit invoices
- Oversee payroll & PTO processing, employee onboarding
- Manage HR administration and insurance relationships
- Provide scheduling support to GOF CEO, GOF VP of Donor Relations, ICON Director
- Administrative and communications liaison to GOF & ICON Board, Committees, volunteers, consultants, vendors
- Maintains & organizes CRM software (Bloomerang) for mailings, emails and other communications
- Works directly with VP of Donor Relations to pull task reports from system & assist in planning out donor outreach
- Responsible for tracking donor pledges and gifts, reporting including creating process documents for future usage
- Create and prepare pledge, financial and other reports upon request
- Write letters, thank you notes and emails on behalf of staff as needed, specifically for donors
- Responsible for creating and sending out acknowledgement letters for pledges & gifts for GOF, ICON & all GOF-related projects
- Coordinates and prepares materials and event space
- Manages Outlook invitations and agenda for committee meetings
- Takes minutes for Board meetings & other committee meetings as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Simultaneously manage several tasks, prioritize and solve problems proactively and on short notice
- Excellent human relations skills and good understanding of group and political dynamics
- Strong overall organization and effective oral and written communication skills
- Database management experience, experience in Bloomerang or similar nonprofit or CRM database system preferred
- Strong meeting planning and scheduling abilities
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative and effective relationships with vendors, peers, staff, board members, consultants, donors and volunteers
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred with 2 – 4 years’ experience in administration and/or office management.
Basic accounting and financial reporting experience desired.
Working and Behavioral Conditions:
This organization offers a flexible work environment with specific mandatory days in office. Half-day Fridays are offered. This is an energic work environment that requires flexibility.
The physical and mental demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential job results. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job results.